Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Domestic Bliss Tip - Homemade Wood Polish

While I was browsing Procrastination Central a.k.a. Pinterest the other day, I came across an all natural recipe for Wood Polish. Actually, I came across several, but this simple recipe called to me. It required little effort and only two economical ingredients: olive oil and distilled white vinegar. The recipe I saw called for 3/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup vinegar, but I was skeptical whether this would work or not. I just used the 3:1 ratio and mixed together 3/4 tsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp vinegar. I dipped my microfiber rag into the concoction and got to work.
 
My results:
 
The wood looks revitalized in my opinion. Of course the deeper scratches will still require sanding and refinishing, but this is a quick and easy trick that does make wood visually appealing in a snap. I even used it on my wooden banister that the cat has clawed up. Again, a huge improvement but it won't fix the deep marks. It may not be a perfect solution, but it definitely fits into greening my environment. And it helps while I'm following FlyLady, making things look prettier!

No comments:

Post a Comment