Thursday, January 10, 2013

Introducing...ImperfectAnna

While I'm not necessarily new to blogging per se, I've decided to start a new blog now that I've learned a few things from my past experiences.

The reason I decided to start this new blog is because I'm starting a new venture in my life. Getting married two and a half years ago and then purchasing and living in our very first house shortly after, in the last few years, life has been all about adjusting. But as they tend to do, things are changing again and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our first child. Our baby girl is due in just ten short days!

So yes, it is probably the craziest time to even think about starting a new blog, seeing that life as I know it is about to change forever, but I find writing is therapeutic in a time of chaos. It's when I can best tap into my feelings and emotions and usually the writing process helps me to organize my thoughts in a way I normally couldn't. We'll see if it actually lasts, but hey, it's helping me in the meantime and that's what matter most, I suppose.

The reason I tended to stop blogging in the past was because of my obsessive need to be perfect. I needed to write a perfect post about the perfect topic and include a perfect picture to boot. Needless to say, that became an overwhelming and impossible task and slowly I stopped writing all together.

That obsessive need I have to be perfect carries over into pretty much everything I do. I find myself unable to start tasks at times because either I know I won’t be able to do it perfectly, or I know it will take every ounce of energy I have to get it perfect (or at least to meet my high standards anyway).

My goal for this blog is to help myself as I journey this new path of motherhood while still adjusting to married life, homeownership, and my general lack of skill in the domestic goddess category. And if I can help someone else along the way, then that would just be icing on the cake (that I made from a box, not scratch). Let’s face it; we could all use a little help sometimes.

Will I strive for perfection? Yes. Will I find it? Not likely. How will I deal with it? Only time will tell. I invite you to share my struggles and triumphs with me and hope you’ll share yours with me, too!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck on your new venture Anna! Looking forward to your new blogs :)

    ReplyDelete